Superintendent Invites Public to “Listening & Learning” Sessions
Portland’s new superintendent, Emmanuel Caulk, will hold seven “Listening & Learning” sessions throughout the city in September and October to solicit ideas and feedback about how the Portland Public Schools are succeeding and how the district can improve. The public is invited to attend whichever session is most convenient.
The schedule is:
- Reiche Community School - September 5, 3 p.m., amphitheater.
- Peaks Island Elementary School - September 12, 5 to 7:30 p.m.
- Lyseth Elementary School - September 13, 7 p.m., gym.
- Portland High School - September 26, 7:30 p.m., Alumni Hall.
- Riverton Elementary School - September 27, 7 p.m., media center.
- East End Community School - October 17, 7 p.m., community room.
- **NEW TIME** Deering High School - October 18, 5 to 6:30 p.m., cafeteria.
Translators will be provided at the Listening & Learning sessions. For more information, please call 874-8100.