Kindergarten Registration Begins on February 27
The Portland Public Schools will register kindergartners for the 2012-2013 school year during the weeks of February 27 - March 2 and March 5 - 9. Registration takes place by appointment at the child’s neighborhood school:
- East End Community School: 874-8228
- Ocean Avenue Elementary School: 874-8180
- Hall Elementary School: 874-8205
- Longfellow Elementary School: 874-8195
- Lyseth Elementary School: 874-8215
- Peaks Island Elementary School: 766-2528
- Presumpscot Elementary School: 874-8220
- Reiche Community School: 874-8175
- Riverton Elementary School: 874-8210
If you do not know which school is in your neighborhood, please call 874-8237.
To register children whose families speak a language other than or in addition to English at home, please contact the Multilingual Intake Center (874-8135). They will oversee English language proficiency testing and health screening as well as registration. The center is located at Lyman Moore Middle School, 171 Auburn Street (next to Lyseth Elementary School).
Children must be five years of age on or before October 15, 2012 in order to attend kindergarten. Please bring the following documents to register a child: original birth certificate, his/her immunization record and proof of residency in the city of Portland.